02 Mar 2022
Pop those corks! Europe’s longest Champagne bar at St Pancras by Searcys has released dates for its 2022 sell-out monthly masterclasses with a rotating selection of bubbles, paired with a matched three-course dinner featuring seasonal British dishes.
Experts in Champagne, Searcys has been at the heart of celebrations for over 175 years, with the first mention of Searcys’ own cuvée dating back to 1893.
Celebrating a year of fizz, things will be kicking off with the already sold out ‘Female Founders of Champagne’ on 8th March, followed by an April Fool’s twist ‘Not Everything that sparkles is Champagne’ on Friday 1st April, placing the focus on award-winning sparkling wines. Exploring traditional wine-making methods across Europe, the masterclass will dive into the fizz made using the traditional method outside of France, with the drinks, paired with seasonal British dishes from Head Chef Colin Layfield.
Each two-hour masterclass is led by Searcys Drinks Ambassador, Bruno Pelletier, and takes place in the Brasserie’s intimate Tasting Room at St Pancras. Guests will sip on fizz whilst learning about Champagne and sparkling wines in a tutored tasting, matched to a three-course dinner, all for £85 per person.
Searcys Year of Champagne includes:
- 1st April: Traditional method: Sparkling wine across Europe. Not everything that sparkles is Champagne.
- Dive into the world of sparkling wines and the traditional methods behind them, including Franciacorta and Goriška Brda.
- 12th May: Small houses for big Champagne Cuvées
- Discover some hidden gems as Searcys puts the spotlight on small producers such as Drappier and Piollot .
- 2nd June: Champagne and the Royal Connection
- As the drink of royalty, raise a toast to Her Majesty for the Platinum Jubilee with a selection of Champagne from the royal favourites.
- 7th July: Raise a glass for tennis champions
- Explore the Champagne favoured by the top tennis championships of the world, including Lanson, Piper-Heidsieck and Moët & Chandon.
- 22nd September: Harvest Time: the seven grapes
- Step into harvest and explore the grapes behind the drinks, from Chardonnay and Pinot Noir to Meunier.
- 6th October: Champagne, Camera, Action!
- Marking the London Film Festival, meet the bottles from the big screen – including James Bond.
- 10th November: Champagne Prestige Cuvées
- Experts in Champagne, celebrate Searcys 175th anniversary with the last Champagne masterclass of the year, paying homage to the grandest of sparkling wines with a four-course tasting dinner paired with four beautiful Prestige Cuvées (£175pp).
For the full list of the upcoming masterclasses for 2022 and to book your spot, visit the St Pancras by Searcys website at www.sevenrooms.com/events/stpancrasbrasserieandchampagnebar. Spaces are limited and must be booked in advance. The Champagne masterclasses are part of the Searcys Series, a collection of tastings, hosted dinners and special events that take place across the British restaurateur and caterer’s venues.
St Pancras Brasserie & Champagne Bar by Searcys
Grand Terrace, Upper Concourse, St Pancras International Station,
London, N1C 4QL