02 Nov 2017
Forget about heading to the Alps this Christmas, a high-altitude winter terrace pop-up has arrived in London at Aviary, promising to elevate any festive celebration. Transporting guests 10 floors above the City, take a walk onto a rooftop arctic escape decked with multiple on- trend igloos whilst you overlook the impressive star-lit skyline.
Nesting from 16th November – February 2018, and bringing a touch of Scandi-style to the sky, each igloo is adorned with ice blue twinkling lights and comes complete with luxurious faux fur blankets, snug rugs and hot water bottles, making it the perfect spot in town for drinking hot toddies and feasting with friends.
Aviary’s masterful mixologists will be shaking and stirring to keep spirits high, creating an exclusive selection of hot tipples including the Mulled Negroni, served in a sharing tea pot, which mixes Balsazar red vermouth, and zingy orange bitters; or indulge in a deluxe, velvety hot chocolate with lashings of rum and fluffy marshmallows to garnish. Tuck into sharing platters featuring seasonal turkey, tarragon and wild mushroom ‘vol-au-vents’; breaded brie with sweet cranberry chutney; and mini spiced custard tarts or rich baked vanilla cheesecake bites.
An exclusive private dining experience awaits inside the igloos perched on the 9th floor terrace below, where guests can delve into a suitably festive three-course dinner. Traditional turkey will feature alongside slow braised short rib of beef, freshly caught Brixham hake and roast crown prince squash. For dessert, expect firm favourites such as the Devonshire Christmas pudding with hot brandy custard or opt for the decadent spiced apple crème brûlée with cinnamon ice cream.
Set to be the ultimate winter hideaway for both après-work drinks and Christmas celebrations, bookings for the Aviary igloos are now open and available to hire from 16th November via the website www.aviarylondon.com/christmas/ with prices from £350*.
Spread your wings and migrate to Aviary rooftop this winter!
Aviary 10th Floor, Montcalm Royal London House Hotel, 22-25 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1DX
Issued on behalf of Aviary in November 2017.
*Notes to editors:
- Igloos will launch on 16th November – end of February 2018.
- Four igloos available to book on the Aviary terrace for 1.5 hours, drinking only. Maximum of 10 guests per drinking igloos with a minimum spend varying between £350 – £500 depending on the time of day and day of the week.
- Those booking the drinking igloos on the 10th floor will be required to choose pre-set platter and drinks packages which will be accommodated in minimum spend.
- If guests wish to spend longer in the igloos they must book two time slots
- Three igloos set for three-course set dining will be available on the 9th floor at the Palm Rooms. Guests will be allocated a room when booking and can choose to have arrival drinks in the Palm Room and dinner in the igloos or vice versa. Minimum spend of £1500 to £2000 and a max of eight guests per igloo.
Aviary is part of ETM, the renowned restaurant and bar group also responsible for The Botanist (Sloane Square and Broadgate Circle), Greenwood and The Jugged Hare, amongst others. For a full list of ETM venues, please visit www.etmgroup.co.uk | @ETMGroup