02 Sep 2019
Autumn is officially here, and it’s time to explore the world of mushrooms with Carluccio’s Festival of Funghi. Throughout September and October, Carluccio’s in Stratford-Upon-Avon will celebrate the mushroom season with a mushroom pop-up devoted to flavoursome funghi alongside a dedicated mushroom menu inspired by Antonio Carluccio’s book “The Quiet Hunt” and a carefully curated selection of Italian artisan deli products.
MUSHROOM POP-UP – STRATFORD FOOD FEST – 21 & 22 SEPTEMBER
Carluccio’s will be popping-up at the Stratford Town Centre Food Festival on 21st and 22nd September, offering visitors a chance to graze upon a delightful assortment of wild mushrooms and truffles alongside dishes including Mushroom and Truffle Arancini; a vegan skewer of marinated mushrooms grilled over flames served in Italian flat bread made from Carluccio’s own focaccia dough; and Mushroom and Truffle Risotto with shiitake, oyster, enoki & shimenji mushrooms and a selection of the day’s wild funghi from the market, brought together with rich truffle butter – add freshly grated black truffle for £1.
For those wanting to learn a bit more, Carluccio’s experts will also be on hand to teach visitors how to experiment with different varieties of mushroom and how to introduce new products to the kitchen store cupboard.
Whether in a hearty risotto, sautéed on toast, or in a creamy sauce, the mushroom has been a proud staple in Italian cuisine for centuries. From breakfast to dinner, there’s an array of Antonio’s mushroom dishes at your local. Start the morning with the new Portobello Benedict – poached eggs with hollandaise served on roasted portobello mushrooms. Lunch and dinner dishes include Mushroom Fonduta – mixed mushrooms in a rich taleggio sauce with white truffle oil, Porcini and Truffle Lasagne, Porcini and Portobello Risotto and Fillet Steak with truffle butter, served with a rich mushroom and porcini sauce.
Finish of with the ‘Bosco Incantato’ – a dessert inspired by Antonio’s vast collection of mushroom memorabilia – a ‘toadstool’ made with vanilla & chocolate ice cream, chocolate & hazelnut sauce, pistachios, hazelnuts, fresh raspberries and panettone.
What’s more, buy two main courses from the mushroom menu and receive a free bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal* when you sign-up online and redeem your voucher beforehand at www.carluccios.com/wine2019.
As foraging for wild mushrooms was Antonio passion and a national pastime in Italy – Carluccio’s has packaged up some delicious standout products available for purchase in-store or online including:
- Risotto con tartufi e porcini (250g, £5.95) – An easy to make risotto with dried porcini and truffle pieces. You will only need butter and parmesan to create a creamy and rich risotto.
- Burro al tartufo (80g, £5.25) – Truffle butter with black summer truffle. Delicious with pasta, rice, polenta or potatoes. Spread on small pieces of crostini toast for a special antipasto.
- Olio al tartufo (55ml, £7.95) – Olive oil infused with white truffle. A few drops will bring dishes to life…
- Crema di porcini e tartufi (80g, £3.95) – A cream of porcini mushroom and truffle, ideal to stir through a long pasta such as pappardelle or use as a decadent crostini.
- Tritato di funghi e tartufi (80g, £5.95) – Coarsely ground mushrooms & truffle. Perfect for instant crostini & wonderful topping for a steak.
For more press information, please contact Kellie Erm at Roche Communications on
020 7436 1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org